Shrimp Fried Rice
My spicy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe is a delicious fusion of Chinese and Caribbean cuisine! If you love Chinese food as much as you love Island food then this recipe is perfect for you. Since developing this shrimp fried rice recipe, it has become one of my family’s favourite one-pot meals. It’s quick, easy and super tasty, making it great for busy days, weekends and special occasions.
Cooking fried rice is a delicious and economical way to use any leftover white rice while providing a fun alternative to your everyday dishes. Although chilled leftover rice is best for preparing fried rice, you can also use firm freshly cooked rice. With this recipe, I will teach you how to do just that. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to cook scrumptious shrimp fried rice with a spicy twist!
Shrimp Stir-Fry Secrets!
The key to mastering this recipe is in the stir-fry technique. Most importantly, pay attention to the cooking time for your shrimp. This is because overcooking your shrimp makes it rubbery and flavourless. It’s also best to sauté your fresh herbs before stir-frying so that the flavours released will enhance your dish.
Quick & Easy One Pot
Guess what? Pretty much anything can go into fried rice! I often use a combination of veggies, egg, and a protein such as the shrimp we are using in this recipe. Combining the traditional Chinese flavours with the spices of the Caribbean makes this dish one of my favourite one-pot meals.
Treat yourself or the family to this quick & easy shrimp fried rice recipe serving it along with our tropical Pineapple Ginger Juice Drink.
Roxy's Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 pound raw shrimp rinsed and deveined
- 1 cup mixed vegetables green peas, corn and diced carrots
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups white rice cooked (day-old or freshly prepared)
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 pc scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce msg-free
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce msg-free (optional)
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp onion powder unsalted
- ½ tsp ginger powder (optional)
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch lemon pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp white pepper (optional)
- ½ medium onion diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 stalks green onions chopped
- 3½ tbsp sesame oil/vegetable oil
- If you don’t already have cooked rice prepared, steam 4 cups white rice and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, season shrimp with salt, pepper, onion powder, ginger powder, paprika, scotch bonnet pepper and Worcestershire sauce, then set aside
- Separate chopped herbs/seasoning into two portions.
- Heat your non-stick frying pan or wok then add 1-tablespoon sesame oil (or vegetable oil if that’s all you have).
- Stir-fry shrimp for 1 minute, then add half portion of the chopped herbs stirring continuously until the shrimp just turns pink. Remove shrimp from heat and set aside
- Return pan to heat, add ½ teaspoon oil, then scrabble eggs. Remove eggs from pan and set aside with the shrimp.
- Return pot to the burner on medium-high heat. Add 2-tablespoons cooking oil.
- Sauté the remaining chopped onions, green bell pepper, garlic, green onions and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add mixed vegetables and stir.
- Add the cooked rice, breaking up any clumps with a large spoon.
- Drizzle soya sauce over rice and stir in until rice gets an even golden brown colour.
- Add the shrimp and scrambled eggs and quickly stir to combine.
- Cover pot and cook on very low heat for about 2 minutes, or until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve sizzling hot.
- Bless up and enjoy it!
*Please note that this page may contain Amazon affiliate links (highlighted links to products on Amazon). I get a small commission each time you purchase through my Amazon links, at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for making all your Amazon purchases through my product links..