If you’ve ever wanted to find a juicy roast chicken dinner recipe – this is it! With this easy roast chicken recipe, you’ll learn how to prepare the most succulent and flavourful roast chicken you’ve probably ever tried. Now you can dinner time delicious, with an exciting chicken recipe you’re sure to use, time and time again.
This roast chicken recipe is a personal family favourite because it uses fresh and easy to find ingredients. It is also quick and easy to prepare. You’ll be amazed at how delicious homemade roast chicken is when you know the right ingredients and techniques to use.
A great way to enjoy this tantalizing roast chicken is with rice and peas, potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a refreshing drink of pineapple ginger juice drink.
Juicy Roast Chicken
- roasting pan
- wire rack
- 4 large chicken quarters You may use leg & thigh quarters or breast quarters.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper black or white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp allspice powder
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves remove the leaves from the stalk
- ½ stalk scallion finely chopped
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 2 sprigs rosemary fresh, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ small onion finely chopped or grated
- ¼ large scotch bonnet pepper de-seeded, (optional)
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Wash the chicken quarters in lemon or vinegar water, rinse then pat dry.
- Use a sharp knife to gently poke a few holes into each piece of the chicken.
- Add the olive oil and all the seasoning to the chicken then massage in well. Try to get bits of the seasoning under the skin.
- You may either refrigerate the seasoned chicken for 4 - 6 hours or move immediately to the next step.
- Place the chicken quarters, breast side up, on a wire rack set over a roasting pan. Do not remove the seasoning.
- Roast the chicken, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and roast it for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the basting sauce.
- Flip the chicken once more so that it is breast side up, and then use a basting brush to coat the top half of the chicken with the honey and water basting sauce.
- Reduce the heat to 350° F, and roast for 30 - 35 minutes more. (please note that chicken breast quarters cooks faster than chicken thighs. The breast quarters should be fully cooked in about 30 minutes while the chicken thighs should be done in 35 minutes.
- After 30 - 35 minutes, check the chicken for doneness by inserting a fork into the thickest part of the chicken, down to the bone. You will know the chicken is fully cooked when the juices run clear.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and cover with a sheet of foil. Let the chicken rest for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
- You may garnish the chicken with lemon slices and fresh basil.
- Serve the roasted chicken with rice, potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a combination of all three sides!
- Bless up & enjoy it.
- Please remember to come back to leave me a rating and review once you've tried this recipe. That way, I'll know how it worked for you!
*Please note that this page may contain Amazon affiliate links (highlighted links to products on Amazon). I get a small commission each time you purchase through my Amazon links, at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for making all your Amazon purchases through my product links.