Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This easy and flavourful beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe is a must-try!
In this recipe, you’ll get the satisfaction of a delicious ‘Chinese-Style’ dish at home without breaking the bank. You’ll not only learn how to enhance the natural flavour of beef with the delightful flavours of fresh ginger and bell peppers, but you’ll also learn how to make a simple, yet tantalizing Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry sauce, from scratch.
So forget about take-out, and don’t even think about store-bought Stir-Fry sauce that has a bunch of ingredients you can’t pronounce! At the end of this recipe, you’ll be able to whip up a satisfying Beef Stir-Fry meal like no other.
Now get ready to add this Beef and Broccoli recipe to your list of dinner favourites that hits the spot, every time. Enjoy it served over a warm fluffy bed of white Jasmine rice and with a glass of Pineapple Ginger Juice Drink.
Delicious Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe - made Easy!
- Wok or large frying pan
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into thin 1-inch strips or beef stir-fry strips
- 1 small head of broccoli florets or 2-3 cups of broccoli florets
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes optional
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch-thick gingerroot crushed
- 3 tbsp sesame seed oil
- ¼ small red bell pepper chopped or julienned
- ¼ small green bell pepper chopped or julienned
- ½ small white onion roughly chopped into squares
- ½ tsp sesame seeds to garnish, (optional)
To make Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soya sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp onion powder optional
- ½ tsp garlic powder optional
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 ½ cup water room-temperature
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Rinse the beef and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- If using flank steak, cut it into thin strips.
- Season the beef with salt, white pepper, garlic, chilli flakes and ginger root, then set it aside.
Making the Stir-Fry Sauce
- In a small saucepan, saute the red onions in the sesame seed oil, stirring quickly for 30 seconds.
- Add the soya sauce, brown sugar, paprika, ginger, onion, and garlic powder, then stir quickly for 1 minute on medium-low heat.
- Mix the cornstarch in 1 ½ cups room-temperature water until it dissolves, then add the mixture to the saucepan.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir until the sauce thickens.
- When the sauce thickens, turn the burner off and cover the pan.
How to Stir-Fry the Beef and Broccoli
- Wash and chop the broccoli into florets and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil in a large wok for 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoned beef to the wok and use a large wooden spoon to spread the beef strips evenly in the pan.
- Cover the wok and let the beef cook on medium - high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir the pan to flip the beef over, cover, and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Toss the beef in the pan for another minute then add the chopped onions and bell peppers, then stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Pour the sauce unto the beef and stir lightly for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli florrets, cover the wok, then steam on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, stir it for another minute, remove the wok from the heat, then allow the beef and broccoli to sit for 2 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your beef and broccoli stir-fry served hot over a bed of fluffy steamed Jasmine rice. Lightly sprinkle some sesame seeds over the beef and broccoli to garnish. You may garnish your beef and broccoli with a light sprinkle of roasted sesame seeds.
- Bless up & enjoy it!
- Please remember to come back after you've tried this recipe and leave me a 5-star rating & review if you enjoyed it. Thanks 🙂
*Please note that this page may contain Amazon affiliate links (highlighted links to products on Amazon). I get a small commission each time you purchase through my Amazon links, at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for making all your Amazon purchases through my product links..
Connect with me