Soft and Moist Carrot Cake
If you love carrot cake that’s soft, moist and flavourful, today you’re in luck! No matter what your baking skills, my recipe will teach you how to bake a delicious carrot cake from scratch. Yes, guys, it is possible to bake your own carrot cake at home with the simple recipe I’ve provided. And here’s the best part – there’s no need for a mixer! All ingredients are mixed easily by hand and not using a mixer means clean up is a breeze after you’re done.
Carrots, Spice and Everything Nice!
Carrot Cake is one of my family’s favourite cakes. And it’s with good reason. Each slice is light and moist with warm spice flavours, they just can’t resist asking for seconds. I’ve made sure to use spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to make the recipe rich in flavour. My family and I love coconut so I’ve have included coconut flakes to take the carrot cake from good to awesome. If you enjoy coconuts as we do, try adding some coconut flakes to the recipe. They work perfectly to enhance the texture of your carrot cake while giving it a deep rich flavour.
‘Eye’ See LoveThis tasty and kid-friendly carrot-rich recipe is ideal for mothers looking for an easy and nutritious treat for the whole family. We all know how good carrots are for our health and this recipe is rich in this sweet and healthy vegetable. This recipe comes in handy for special occasions too. Impress family and friends by baking this soft and moist carrot cake and sharing it as a gift from the heart. Just be prepared to have them request your carrot cake again and again. Believe me, this recipe is that good! Enjoy your carrot cake with a refreshing glass of Pineapple Ginger drink.
Deliciously Soft and Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
Everyone will love it when you bake this sweet treat, so be prepared by having the ingredients below on hand to make lots more!
- 2 cups carrots, shredded (about 2 large carrots)
For Wet Mixture
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk To make buttermilk from scratch, add half a lemon/lime to 3/4 cup low fat or whole cow's milk and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp liquid mixed spice/essence
For Dry Mixture
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Lightly butter the inside of a 9" X 5" loaf tin and set aside.
- Use the large side of a grater or a food processor to shred the carrots into a medium bowl. Add the flaked coconut then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar, vanilla, mixed spice and lemon juice. Use a whisk or large metal fork to mix them thoroughly, then set the mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, use a strainer to sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and ground cloves.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture then pour in the liquid mixture. Use a large wooden spoon to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the shredded carrots to the batter and mix until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan greased with butter, and bake at 350˚ F for 1 hour or until a knife inserted comes out dry.
- Allow the carrot cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. If you plan to add frosting, allow the cake to cool completely (about 1 hour), before adding the frosting. Cream Cheese frosting is a popular choice!
- Bless up and enjoy it!
- Did you love this recipe and loved your Carrot Cake even more? Then please show some love by coming back to leave me a 5-STAR rating and a REVIEW so I know how much you enjoyed this recipe!! Thanks in advance.
*Please note that this page may contain Amazon affiliate links (highlighted links to products on Amazon). I get a small commission each time you purchase through my Amazon links, at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for making all your Amazon purchases through my product links..