Soft and Moist Carrot Cake
If you love carrot cake that’s soft, moist and flavourful, today you’re in luck! No matter what your baking skills, my recipe will teach you how to bake a delicious carrot cake from scratch. Yes, guys, it is possible to bake your own carrot cake at home with the simple recipe I’ve provided. And here’s the best part – there’s no need for a mixer! All ingredients are mixed easily by hand and not using a mixer means clean up is a breeze after you’re done.
Carrots, Spice and Everything Nice!
Carrot Cake is one of my family’s favourite cakes. And it’s with good reason. Each slice is light and moist with warm spice flavours, they just can’t resist asking for seconds. I’ve made sure to use spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to make the recipe rich in flavour. My family and I love coconut so I’ve have included coconut flakes to take the carrot cake from good to awesome. If you enjoy coconuts as we do, try adding some coconut flakes to the recipe. They work perfectly to enhance the texture of your carrot cake while giving it a deep rich flavour.
‘Eye’ See LoveThis tasty and kid-friendly carrot-rich recipe is ideal for mothers looking for an easy and nutritious treat for the whole family. We all know how good carrots are for our health and this recipe is rich in this sweet and healthy vegetable. This recipe comes in handy for special occasions too. Impress family and friends by baking this soft and moist carrot cake and sharing it as a gift from the heart. Just be prepared to have them request your carrot cake again and again. Believe me, this recipe is that good! Enjoy your carrot cake with a refreshing glass of Pineapple Ginger drink.
Deliciously Soft and Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
Everyone will love it when you bake this sweet treat, so be prepared by having the ingredients below on hand to make lots more!
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk To make buttermilk from scratch, add half a lemon/lime to 3/4 cup low fat or whole milk and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ¾ cup coconut flakes optional
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- ¼ cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Grease and flour an 8 x 12-inch loaf pan.
- Shred carrots (using a grater or food processor), then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs then add buttermilk, oil, sugar, vanilla, mixed spice, lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients then pour in the liquid ingredients. Use a large spoon or whisk to combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add shredded carrots, coconut flakes, nuts and raisins to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake at 350˚ F for 1 hour or until a knife inserted comes out dry.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Bless up and enjoy it!
*Please note that this page may contain Amazon affiliate links (highlighted links to products on Amazon). I get a small commission each time you purchase through my Amazon links, at no extra cost to you. Thanks in advance for making all your Amazon purchases through my product links..